Tuesday, August 16, 2011

NOT GUILTY

Fresh off a 30 minute Not Guilty on an assault family violence jury trial in County Criminal Court 1, Denton County - what wonderful words to hear!  What's even better is that it was a court appointed case.  This just reaffirms my reason for being on the court appointed list - everyone needs a good lawyer; one who's not just in it for the money.

The complainant (girl) had a busted lip, and pictures were admitted.  2 Carrollton police officers testified as well as a 911 caller who saw most of what happened.  I represented the male.  He followed my advice and chose not to testify.  I got a self-defense jury instruction from the judge.

I am very proud of my client for having the guts to go to trial.  The initial offer was significant jail time, and right before trial the prosecutors made him a probation offer.  However, after living with the anxiety of the case for over a year he turned it down.  Now he is entitled to have the record expunged and put this behind him once and for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment